07 April 2013

During the RaDAR contest, something real funny happened to my FT-817 and it affected my operations somewhat.


Eddie Leighton ZS6BNE

During the RaDAR contest, something real funny happened to my FT-817 and it affected my operations somewhat.

There was a funny icon on the screen much like the figure of a runner. Tuning was uncomfortable and although my SSB step settings are 1 kHz the rig tuned in 2 kHz steps ......

Just checked the manual and it indicates that the FST button was activated on the MH-31 abj which is simply, the microphone.

I recalled the mic slipped the ground at one stage and the FST button must have been activated then!

I learnt something today!


https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151381650142759&set=vb.580492758&type=2&theater

No comments:

Post a Comment